There are always a lot of questions about pest control. That makes sense and it’s only fair when you’re letting a service into your home. Unfortunately, it’s a pain to ask a long list of questions to the service directly.
Let’s save you from that pain. We’ll be including some of the most relevant questions that we have been asked over our 40 years of business.
1. Is It Safe for Pets?
Short answer: yes. Pets are generally safe from the chemicals or fumes that are used in pest control. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be careful. Both cats and dogs really like to explore the environment with their noses; breathing in some of the products used for pest control could be unhealthy. So just be sure that they are outside during treatment and stay away from the treated areas for a bit.
2. Will the Pests Be Gone After the First Treatment?
Sadly, we can’t say for sure. In most cases, yes, but in others it may take multiple treatments before you can be positive that the pests are completely gone.
3. Why Is It Important To Contact Pest Control ASAP?
This is an easy one. Pests are notorious for multiplying extremely quickly. Left unchecked they’ll run wild in your home and develop a more substantial grip on the property. That means it will become increasingly difficult to get them out.
Contact help before any spotted pests have the chance to settle in.
4. How Do I Prepare for a Pest Control Appointment?
There are few things that you can do to make sure everything goes smoothly, and the pests can be quickly removed from your life.
- Know where they are. Guiding the crew to where pests like ants are suspected can save a lot of time.
- Move everything large away from the walls. It’s likely that the pest control service will need access to the areas behind furniture, so moving everything away from the wall can help.
- Clean. As we’ve said before, this is a major part of pest control. Cleaning your entire infected area can ensure there aren’t any eggs or pests that sneak by the pest control service.
- Call the service and ask if there’s anything else that needs to be done.
If you have more questions, just ask!
These are just a few of the questions that we’ve heard before. There are a ton more that we’d be more than happy to answer for you! Call Venice Pest Control today.